Are you our new Tasting Room Manager?
Eleven is Hiring! Do you have the skills to be our Tasting Room Manager?
We would love to hear from you – apply here!
- Lead and develop a team of tasting room staff that provides top customer service and sales results.
- Foster an environment of positivity, teamwork, and passion for great wine.
- Work on the floor as a member of the tasting room team, consistently modeling exceptional service and sales techniques, teamwork, and other behaviors expected of team members.
- Managing tasting room staff: hiring, training, scheduling, assigning/directing work, appraising work, rewarding and disciplining team members, addressing complaints and resolving conflicts.
- Manage and implement career planning and development of staff.
- Provide and manage staff education around wine, company history, brand messaging and sales techniques.
Tasting Room Operations
- Maintain operational excellence for tasting rooms: opening and closing procedures, POS system maintenance, facilities maintenance, supplies stocking and housekeeping.
- Maintain an inviting, organized, clean and fully stocked tasting room at all times.
- Develop and implement improvements to tasting room procedures and guest experiences.
- Work with the merchandising manager to ensure strong retail displays that increase revenue and enhance the overall customer experience.
- Manage tasting menus.
- Ensure consistent brand messaging in the tasting rooms.
- Maintain and develop a calendar of tasting room events that generate excitement and drive traffic to the winery.
- Manage the winery’s participation in offsite tasting events.
- Work events and manage additional staffing for events.
Financials & Planning
- Responsible for achieving and tracking monthly and annual tasting room sales goals.
- Establish and monitor sales goals for the tasting rooms.
- Generate sales reports and analyze sales and budget information.
- Make recommendations for meeting goals and increasing sales.
- Work with wine club manager to grow the wine club and other direct to consumer channels.
- Five years experience in customer service related to hospitality
- Three years experience managing staff
- One year experience in a tasting room setting
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Skilled at building and motivating a high-functioning team
- Committed to providing unsurpassed customer experience
- Passion for and sound knowledge of wine
- Demonstrated sales ability and sales management skills
- Ability to resolve conflict and provide honest, respectful coaching
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, math and computer skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to follow through on projects with minimal supervision
- Willing to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs (case of wine)
- Office and retail environments in any of Eleven Winery’s locations
- Extensive computer work
- Regular working schedule may include weekends and holidays
- Long and irregular hours during peak seasons and/or special events
- Standing for long periods of time
- Moderate to heavy physical work (moving cases of wine, setting up for special events, carrying wine for customers)
- $55-65K annual salary
- Employee discounts
- Paid vacation
Eleven Winery Values
These core principles guide our team at every level and help us deliver great wine fun every day.
- Honesty: living the truth and acting with integrity.
- Approachability: being welcoming, genuine and unpretentious.
- Growth: always striving to improve our skills and do the best work we can.
- Sustainability: minimizing our impact on the environment.